There are 5 Pieces of Nutritional Advice that You Should Ignore Completely?
1. Throw away the egg yolk. This is the most nutritious part of the egg. Many studies have looked at whole egg consumption and blood cholesterol...in 70% of people, eggs have no effect on cholesterol levels. In the other 30%, egg yolks raise HDL (the good) cholesterol.
Bonus points for egg yolk: it makes a great first baby food, cook an over easy egg and crack the yolk and spoon feed it to baby as one of his/her first foods!
3. A calorie is a calorie, food quality is less important. Eating a high protein diet can boost metabolism by 80-100 calories per day and healthier foods have varying effects on feelings of fullness so it takes less good foods to appease your hunger than junk foods, or those 100-calorie snack packs.
4. Use polyunsaturated vegetable oils for cooking.
A study on canola and soybean oils found that 4.2% of the fats in the were trans fats. So instead use saturated oils for cooking like coconut oil, olive oil, and avocado oil.
Bonus points for coconut oil: it can be used as skin moisturizer, sunscreen, and even diaper rash ointment.